Okay, so I’ve given this some considerable thought and I’ve decided to share some of my wisdom. I know, oxymoron but just bear with me. Say you want to one day celebrate a 27 year wedding anniversary, how might you go about getting there? Here’s my list:
- Get Married. The sooner the better. Many well-intentioned people overlook this very important step. I mean, after you’ve been with someone for 27 years, wouldn’t be great to celebrate your 27th wedding anniversary? Think of it like you think of your 401k. That would be dumb, right?
- Live. I know, weird but important. Your anniversary date will come regardless but the celebration will no doubt be funner if you follow this rule.
- Stay married. I know, “Duh!” It sounds simple but you may be surprised at how many people forget this rule. Again the anniversary of your wedding will come with or without your marriage intact but the celebration will be funner…
- Remember your anniversary. Critical. If you want to live (see rule #2) to celebrate your 27th, follow this simple rule.
- Never attempt to define a loving relationship with a list of rules. Its been tried. They even wrote a book about it. Truth.